Sweet and Spicy Grilled Salmon
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
The decadent-tasting "good" fat in salmon complements the sweet-spicy Buffalo glaze. The skin gets caramelized and crisp on the grill as[ the sauce drips onto it. It's delicious, but can be discarded to save fat and calories. (The numbers below include the skin.) A crisp and refreshing celery slaw is dressed with the same sauce, made creamy with light mayo, and brightened with onions and chives.]
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 8 stalks celery, very thinly sliced in half moons on an angle
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Four 5-ounce center-cut skin-on salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for oiling the grill
Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan on medium high.
Mix together the hot sauce, brown sugar, paprika and cayenne in a small bowl. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in the mayonnaise; set aside the rest of the sauce. Add the chives, celery and onions to the bowl with the mayonnaise and toss well.
Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper. Brush the grill grate lightly with oil. Lay the salmon on the grill, skin-side up, and cook until distinct grill marks appear and the salmon releases easily from the grate, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and brush the fish with some of the reserved sauce. Continue to cook the fish, brushing the pieces periodically with the sauce, until the salmon fillets are glazed and just cooked through, 13 to 15 minutes more.
Transfer the fillets to individual plates and serve with the celery slaw.
From Food Network Kitchens
Shrimp & Chili Cocktail Sauce(00:04:07)
Peach Glazed Chicken Breast(00:02:52)
Lightened-Up Lobster Rolls(00:03:09)
Grilled Steak and Papaya Salad(00:04:37)
Grilled Citrus Chicken Thighs(00:02:47)
Marcela's Light Tacos(00:02:52)
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell