Thai Fish Curry
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless mahi mahi fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (remove seeds for less heat)
- Kosher salt
- 1 20 -ounce package cubed peeled butternut squash (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup light coconut milk (about half of a 14-ounce can)
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups cooked rice
Rub the fish with 1 tablespoon curry paste and the lime zest in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate while you cook the vegetables.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, half of the jalapeno and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon curry paste and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
Add the squash, coconut milk and 2 cups water to the saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the squash is almost tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the fish, cover and simmer until just opaque, about 8 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and season with salt. Serve over rice; top with the remaining jalapeno.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.