Thai Pork and Noodles
- 1 pound thin boneless pork chops, fat trimmed
- 8 ounces wide Thai rice noodles
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (leaves and stems)
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 slices peeled ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 red jalapeno peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 pound green beans, split lengthwise and cut into pieces
Place the pork in the freezer about 10 minutes to make it easier to slice. Soak the noodles in very hot water until just tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Snip the noodles with scissors into shorter lengths. Cut the frozen pork crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
Heat 3 tablespoons peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add half the cilantro mixture and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the pork and stir-fry until no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the pork with a slotted spoon to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil to the skillet; add the green beans and stir-fry until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the noodles, pork and 2 tablespoons of the remaining cilantro mixture. Cook, tossing with tongs, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining cilantro mixture to taste.
Per serving: Calories 553; Fat 24 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 60 mg; Sodium 1,210 mg; Carbohydrate 61 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 22 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.