Tuna Bagel Nicoise
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- 2 5 -ounce cans tuna packed in olive oil (preferably Italian)
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 everything bagels, split
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
Put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice water to cool, then peel and slice.
Meanwhile, put the green beans in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/2 cup water and a pinch of salt. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cut the green beans in half.
Lightly toast the bagels. Layer the tomato slices, tuna salad and hard-boiled eggs on the bagel bottoms. Drizzle with olive oil and close with the bagel tops.
Per serving: Calories 616; Fat 24 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 120 mg; Sodium 1,156 mg; Carbohydrate 63 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 36 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.