- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced red bliss potatoes
- 2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sliced carrots*
- 3/4 cup sliced celery*
- 3/4 cup sliced fennel*
- 3/4 cup sliced onions*
- 1 tablespoon saffron
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 quart shrimp or lobster stock
- Variety of fresh herbs, for seasoning
- * Any other firm vegetable could also be used
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Pat the salmon fillets dry with towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large oven-safe saute pan. Add fish to pan, flesh side down, and sear on both sides until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add potatoes and all the vegetables, saffron, and tomato paste to the pan and saute until vegetables are translucent. Add the stock and stir well to combine. Add a small handful of fresh herbs, and then place the salmon fillets back in the pan on top of the vegetables.
Cover and place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the fish is cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.