Four-Cheese Stuffed-Silly Mushrooms
- 12 medium-large baby bella mushrooms (each about 2 inches wide)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Gently remove the stems from the mushrooms and set both the caps and the stems aside.
Lightly spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the mushroom caps on the sheet, rounded sides down. Bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes. (Afterward, do not turn the oven off.)
Meanwhile, chop mushroom stems. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion, chopped mushroom stems, and chopped garlic. Cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Add spinach and continue to cook and stir until wilted. Set aside. If needed, pat dry.
Once the mushroom caps are cool enough to handle, pat them dry until free of all excess moisture.
Evenly distribute the cheese-veggie mixture among the mushroom caps. They will be super-stuffed and the mixture will be piled on top, too!
Bake the stuffed mushrooms in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until the topping begins to brown. Let cool slightly and enjoy!!!
PER SERVING (3 stuffed mushrooms): 118 calories, 1.5g fat, 359mg sodium, 16g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 12g protein
Thank you! your flag was submitted.