- 1 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup shaved semisweet chocolate
- Peanut butter filling, recipe follows
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- 1-ounce semisweet chocolate for shaving on top
Combine the peanuts, graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl and pat down into a pie pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes to toast slightly. As soon as it comes out of the oven, sprinkle the crust bottom with the shaved chocolate and set aside. It should melt in, then set up later.
Peanut Butter Filling: Using mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese, peanut butter, milk and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture and pour it into the pie shell. Freeze for 4 to 5 hours. Two hours before serving place pie in the refrigerator. Shave chocolate over the top just before serving.