- 1 1/2 pounds ground buffalo
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, for serving
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
Take about 1 cup (8 ounces) of the meat mixture and form it into patties with your hands or in a hamburger press. When you have them all made, grill them, turning frequently, until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes total. (Alternately, cook them in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.) Serve on hamburger rolls with the toppings of your choice.