- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh (mild) goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sweetened cocoa powder, sifted
In the top of a double boiler, or in a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water (make sure the water does not touch the bowl), melt the chocolate, stirring until it is smooth. Set the melted chocolate aside to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
To form the truffles, take a heaping teaspoon of the chocolate/cheese mixture and lightly roll it into a ball with your hands. Roll the finished truffles in the sifted cocoa powder, set them onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper, and chill until they are firm, about 30 minutes. The truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.