- 3 (3-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Melt the chocolate and the butter together in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar, then eggs, vanilla, salt, and chopped peppers. Sift in the flour and five-spice powder and mix until incorporated. Pour into mini muffin pans and bake for about 15 minutes.
Alternately, you can pour the batter into a greased 8 by 8-inch pan and bake for about 30 minutes.