- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sliced red and green bell peppers
- 12 ounces any leftover cooked steak, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (may use any cheese you like)
- 10 ounces salad mix (salad in a bag or shredded iceberg or romaine)
Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers, steak, and seasonings and cook for about 5 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Turn heat off and top the hot steak and peppers with the cheese and let melt. Meanwhile, divide salad mix evenly between 2 bowls. Divide the hot mixture evenly over the bowls of salad, and serve immediately.