Arugula, Ricotta and Smoked Mozzarella Pizza
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 packed cup (1-ounce) arugula
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 (13 to 16-ounce) ball pizza dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Sprinkle a heavy baking sheet (without sides) with cornmeal. Set aside.
In a food processor, blend the ricotta, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add the smoked mozzarella and arugula. Pulse until just combined but still chunky. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 14-inch diameter circle, about 1/4 to 1/16-inch thick. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Spread the ricotta mixture on top leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange the tomato slices on top. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until the crust is golden, about 15 to 16 minutes. Remove from the oven, cut into wedges and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.