Corn and Tomato Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/4 cups (1 pound) frozen corn, thawed
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes. Place the cooked shallots, corn and chicken stock in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour the corn mixture back into the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the tomatoes and basil.
Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Cook Notes: To seed the tomatoes, cut them in half horizontally and using a small dessert spoon, scoop out the seeds and discard.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray