Crispy Chicken Tenders with Piccata Sauce
- Crispy Chicken Tenders:
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 packed cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound chicken tenders, patted dry with paper towels and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup safflower or vegetable oil
- Piccata Sauce:
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons agave
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the chicken: Combine the breadcrumbs, spinach, Parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until the spinach is finely chopped, then transfer to a medium bowl. Mix together the chicken and buttermilk in another medium bowl. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to the breadcrumb mixture, allowing any extra buttermilk to drip back into the bowl. Toss until the chicken pieces are coated.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch high-sided skillet over medium-high heat (the oil is hot enough when a pinch of breadcrumbs sizzles when added to the pan). Add one-third of the chicken and fry until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
For the sauce: Combine the broth, lemon juice and flour in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then lower the heat and simmer until thick, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the butter until smooth. Stir in the parsley, agave and salt. Keep warm.
Pour the sauce over the chicken or serve alongside as a dipping sauce.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Crispy Chicken with Rosemary-Lemon Salt, Crispy Chicken and Scallion Waffle Sandwich, Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Three Cheese Creamy Risotto and Arugula Fennel Salad, Osso Buco Recipes, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Garlic Bread Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.