Double Ginger Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packed cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped candied ginger (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg, at room temperature
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, ginger, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the candied ginger and raisins. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, molasses and egg. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the molasses mixture.
Drop a heaped tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the prepared baking sheets, placing each about 1 inch apart.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes until they have set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis