- 18 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Drain.
Stir 2 cups of the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, and Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and white pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.