Grilled Chicken with Basil Dressing
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Whisk 1/3 cup of oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, fennel seeds, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bag. Add the chicken and seal the bag. Massage the marinade into the chicken. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day, turning the chicken occasionally.
Meanwhile, blend the basil, garlic, lemon zest, remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a blender until smooth. Gradually blend in the remaining 1/3 cup oil. Season the basil sauce, to taste, with more salt and pepper, if desired.
Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to plates. Drizzle the basil sauce over and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giadia De Laurentis
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee