- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup strained pan juices (from a roasted turkey) or apple juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Stir in the flour until incorporated. Add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. Add the oregano and thyme. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until thickened. Stir in the strained pan juices or apple juice and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.