- 2 cups lemon juice, about 12 to 15 lemons
- 2 cups Basil Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 2 cups cold or sparkling water
- Lemon twists, for garnish
Mix lemon juice, Basil Simple Syrup, and water together in a pitcher. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Pour over ice filled glasses and garnish with a lemon twist.
Basil Simple Syrup:
- 1 bunch fresh basil, washed and stemmed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
In a saucepan combine basil, sugar, and water and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 5 minutes. Cool, strain the simple syrup, and store in the refrigerator.