Little Thimbles Sciue Sciue
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) ditalini pasta (thimble-shaped pasta) or other small tube-shaped pastas such as elbow macaroni or pennette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 plum tomatoes (about 1 pound), chopped
- 8 ounces cold fresh mozzarella, drained, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Meanwhile, in a heavy large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and saute just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the cheese and basil, and toss to coat. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt. Spoon the pasta into small serving bowls and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis