Orechiette with Sausage, Beans, and Mascarpone
- 1 pound orechiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Continue cooking until the sausage is golden and the onions are tender. Add the beans and oregano cook for 2 more minutes. Add the cup of pasta cooking liquid and stir, scrapping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the mascarpone cheese and stir until it dissolved into a light sauce. Add the salt, pepper, and hot pasta. Stir until coated and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis