Penne with Treviso and Goat Cheese
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 pound treviso or radicchio, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 packed cups (3 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups (11 ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and golden, about 1 minute. Remove the garlic and discard.
Add the pasta and Parmesan. Toss well and thin out the sauce with a little pasta water, if needed. Season with salt, to taste.
Transfer the penne to serving bowls. Top each portion with the crumbled goat cheese and garnish with basil before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis