- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Freshly grated pecorino
Place 1 tablespoon of the ricotta filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush the edge of the wrapper lightly with water. Fold the wrapper in half, enclosing the filling completely and forming a triangle. Pinch the edges to seal. Transfer the ravioli to baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers. (Can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
Melt the butter in a heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add the oregano and stir 1 minute. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
Working in batches, cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes per batch. Transfer the ravioli to a large shallow bowl.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello