Seared Shrimp in Endive Leaves with Parsley Sauce
- 12 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 heads Belgian endive
To make the shrimp salad: Toss the shrimp with 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) of oil in a large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the shrimp until they are just cooked through or pink, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and toss with 1 teaspoon lime juice. Cool completely. Cut the shrimp into small cubes.
To make the parsley sauce: Blend the parsley, sour cream, yogurt, and remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice in a food processor until the parsley is finely chopped. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Toss the shrimp with the chives, tarragon, capers, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a large bowl to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis