- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo (cecchi) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the garbanzo beans on a foil-lined baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread the beans in a single layer. Place in the oven and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
Remove the garbanzo beans from the oven. Add the remaining ingredients to the garbanzo beans and carefully stir to coat all the beans and nuts. Spread the mixture out to a single layer. Bake for 10 more minutes. Let cool slightly and place in serving bowls.