- Pastry, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup superfine sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch
- 4 large firm pears, halved, peeled, cored, bottom and top removed, stored in lemon water to prevent discoloration
- 5 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5/8 cup cold water
Roll out pastry to fit greased and floured 8-inch flan ring. Store in refrigerator to keep cool. Cream together butter and sugar until light. Gradually beat in eggs, then flour. Fold in almonds and Kirsch, until well incorporated.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove pears from soaking liquid, and set aside. Brush base of pastry with 1 tablespoon apricot jam. Pour frangipane evenly into flan ring. Arrange pears in a circle on top of the filling. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 2 cups pastry flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small cubes and chilled
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten
Place flour in medium bowl. Cut in butter and mix in sugar, until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Mix in egg, until pastry is just combined but still crumbly. Chill until ready to use.