Green Mesquite Beans for Cookout
- 6 quart stock pot
- 2 pounds cleaned pinto beans
- 2 ounces bacon ends, chopped
- 1 -ounce chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 gallon water
For the Green Mesquite beans for cookout:
Add all ingredients to a stock pot and stir thoroughly. Place on stove over high heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until beans are tender. Let sit for 30 minutes and they are ready to serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Tom Davis, owner of Green Mesquite in Austin, TX.