- 6 quart stock pot
- 2 pounds cleaned pinto beans
- 2 ounces bacon ends, chopped
- 1-ounce chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 gallon water
For the Green Mesquite beans for cookout:
Add all ingredients to a stock pot and stir thoroughly. Place on stove over high heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until beans are tender. Let sit for 30 minutes and they are ready to serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.