Grilled Swordfish with Potato-Chorizo Salad
- For the fish:
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 6 -to-8-ounce skin-on swordfish steaks (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- For the potato salad:
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces dried chorizo, diced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley and/or chives
- 3 stalks celery (with leaves), sliced
- 1/4 cup piquillo peppers, sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
Prepare the fish: Whisk the garlic, olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, honey, thyme, cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Add the fish and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make the potato salad: Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water; season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Toast the cumin seeds in a medium skillet over medium heat, about1 minute; transfer to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and chorizo to the skillet and cook until the chorizo just begins to sizzle, about 3 minutes. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Remove the skillet from the heat; reserve the drippings.
Preheat a grill to high; brush the grates lightly with vegetable oil. Place the swordfish on the grill and brush with some of the marinade from the bowl. Grill until marked on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue grilling until just cooked through, about 4 more minutes. Divide among plates and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with the potato salad.
Photograph by Anna Williams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Swordfish with White Bean Relish and Potato Skordalia, Swordfish Balls and Red Gravy, Fish for Crish: Red "Mole" Swordfish Steaks with Pickled Shallots, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes