- 1 cup roughly chopped garlic (about 3 bulbs)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8 large limes)
- 1/2 cup clear tequila
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch roughly chopped fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak
- 12 corn tortillas, wrapped in foil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch radishes, cleaned, ends cut and sliced
- 1/3 cup grated queso fresco cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded and sliced
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced in wedges
- Hot sauce, for serving
Combine the garlic, lime juice, tequila, soy sauce, cilantro, peppers, cumin and black pepper in a resealable plastic gallon bag. Add the steak and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator, and let marinate at room temperature another 30 to 45 minutes.
Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Put the marinade in small saucepot and bring to a boil. Then strain and reserve.
Put the tortillas on the corner of the grill and flip the package a few times to heat through while the steak is cooking
Place the steak on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turn 180 degrees, and cook for 3 minutes more (to create cross grill marks). Flip over and finish cooking for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let rest, lightly covered, for 5 minutes.
Slice against the grain, and serve immediately with the reserved marinade, garnishes, tortillas and hot sauce.