- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 bananas, not quite ripe, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (recommended: Myers's Dark Rum)
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
In a medium saute pan over medium to high heat, add butter. Let melt then add bananas. Saute 1 minute on each side, and remove from pan.
In same pan, add sugar, banana liqueur, dark rum, and espresso liqueur. Let simmer for 2 minutes and tilt pan to side to ignite evaporating alcohol in pan. When flame is extinguished, add orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
Add bananas back into pan and ladle sauce over bananas for 1 minute to coat. To serve, place 1 banana half in 4 long bowls with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Spoon sauce evenly over the 4 bowls.