Kim-Chee - K's way
- 1/2 medium head napa cabbage, uncored, roughly chopped (about 1-inch strips)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup julienned (matchstick) carrot
- 1 cup julienned (mathstick) daikon radish
- 2 green onions, split in 1/2, cut in 2-inch sections
- 3/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 dry hot chile peppers, split lengthwise and seeds removed
In a colander in the sink, sprinkle cabbage with salt and toss to combine. Let sit about 1 1/2 hours or until cabbage wilts. Rinse several times with cold water and drain well. Squeeze out any excess water. Combine cabbage with carrots, radish and green onions. In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, honey and chile peppers. Place cabbage mixture in a clean glass jar or glass bowl (about 1 quart or larger). Pour liquid over cabbage and place in refrigerator or cool dark place for 24 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.