Homemade Dinner Rolls
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package dry active yeast
- 1 cup warm water, about 110 degrees F
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk, scalded but cooled to warm
- 4 ounces melted butter, plus 2 ounces
- 5 cups flour, plus more, as needed
- 6 -cup, 3-inch muffin tin pan
In a standing mixing bowl with dough hook, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let sit until lightly foamy, then stir in sugar and add egg, salt, warm milk, and 4 ounces of butter. Slowly add 5 cups flour, adding more as needed to make an elastic dough. Mix well, then roll out to floured surface and knead dough for about 5 minutes.
Place dough in buttered bowl, cover with towel, and set in a warm place to rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Brush with remaining melted butter. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Tanya Holland