Hong Kong Style Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic paste
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 cups chicken breast, cut 1/4-inch slices, skinless
- 16 ounces chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup 1/8-inch julienne white onion
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch strips red bell pepper
- 1 cup 1/4-inch sticks cut carrot
- 1 cup 1/2-inch bias cut celery
- 1/2 cup 1/2-inch strips shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 cup 1/2-inch strips snow peas
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup strips green onions
In a re-sealable plastic bag add, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili garlic paste, 2 tablespoons cornstarch and mix thoroughly, then add chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
In a medium stock pot boil water and cook chow mein noodles until al dente, remove and shock in ice bath, shake dry and toss with 2 tablespoons oil to keep from sticking.
In a large saute pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil to almost smoke point and add chicken, separating each peace upon entry. Cook until browned on all sides. Remove and hold warm.
In same wok, add 2 tablespoons oil. Heat until almost the smoke point, then add the onions, bell peppers, carrots and celery., Saute for 2 minutes then add mushrooms, peas and bean sprouts. Cook for 1 minute, then add chicken saute for 1 minute, add hoisin, 3 tablespoons soy sauce and sesame oil, toss and remove.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick saute pan, add 3 tablespoons oil, heat to almost smoke point, and add chilled chow mein noodles. Cook on one side until crispy light golden brown. Flip noodles and another 2 tablespoons of oil and cook other side. When done, remove and let drain on paper towels, while holding warm.
Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch and chicken stock, and deglaze hot wok with mixture and let reduce by one-third.
Place noodles on a rimmed serving platter, top with chicken and vegetable saute, and pour chicken reduction over top. Garnish with green onions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.