- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small orange bell pepper, 1/2-inch diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kernels cut from 5 ears yellow or white corn (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil, minced fresh chives, and/or minced fresh parsley leaves
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Stir in the bell pepper and saute for 2 more minutes.
Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Over medium heat, add the corn, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn just loses its starchiness. Season to taste, gently stir in the basil or other green herbs, and serve hot.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese, Baked Creamed Corn With Red Bell Peppers and Jalapenos, Grilled Corn Salad with Lime, Red Chili and Cotija, Heart Healthy Recipes, Easy Stir-Frying, Easy, Diabetic, Healthy Brunch, Healthy Dinner Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.