- For each serving:
- 8 ounces boneless fish fillet, such as snapper or cod
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- 2 Ceregnola or other large green olives with pits
- Extra-large egg
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the fish fillet on a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle it with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the lemon juice and olive oil over the top of the fillet. Lay the thyme on top and place the olives next to the fillet.
Beat the egg together with 1 tablespoon of water for an egg wash. Brush the egg wash around the edge of the parchment paper and fold it in half. Carefully fold the edge of the parchment paper under and around the fish to make a package. Place the package on a sheet pan and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. Serve hot in the parchment paper.
2012, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved