- 1 unbaked Perfect Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup good honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon bourbon, such as Maker's Mark
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups whole pecan halves (9 ounces)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 9-inch pie pan with the pie crust. Place it on a sheet pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, honey, maple syrup, butter, eggs, bourbon, vanilla, orange zest and salt. Stir in the pecans and pour into the unbaked pie shell. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the center is just set. Set aside to cool, and serve.
Buy the book here.
Photograph by Steve Giralt