Chicory Salad with Blueberries, Hazelnuts, and Aged Manchego
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, smooth or whole-grain
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head chicory (curly endive) or other bitter leafy green, chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces aged Spanish Manchego cheese, shaved
- To prepare the dressing:
In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Shake vigorously to mix well.
Put the chicory in a large salad bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the greens and toss gently with your hands to coat the leaves. Top with hazelnuts, blueberries, and cheese. Serve immediately.