Italian Fish and Veggie Pockets
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas, stemmed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (4-ounce) trout fillets, skinned (or other fish about 1/2-inch thick)
- 8 thin slices lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
Special equipment: 4 large sheets of aluminum foil or parchment paper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl mix together the lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Lay out the 4 sheets of aluminum foil. Place 1/4 of the sugar snap peas, 1/4 of the yellow bell peppers, and 1/4 of the orange bell peppers on each sheet of foil. Over each pile of vegetables drizzle 2 tablespoons of white wine, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and gently toss.
Top each pile of seasoned vegetables with a piece of fish. Sprinkle the fish with some of the reserved lemon zest mixture. Top each fish with 2 slices of lemon.
Fold up the foil into an air-tight packet. Place the foil packets in the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Sprinkle the fish with mint just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis