Wild smoked salmon is so amazing that it's worth spending that bit extra cash on it. This is a great dish the beetroot goes all crispy and cuts right through the fattiness of the salmon.
- 4 baby beetroots, scrubbed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon good balsamic vinegar
- 14 ounces (400g) wild smoked salmon
- Small bunch watercress
- 1 by 2.5cm (1-inch) piece fresh horseradish
Using a metal speed peeler, shave the beetroot into a bowl. Add the lemon juice, a little salt and pepper, a good lug of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar, and mix.
On a large plate, wave the salmon around freestyle. Throw on some sprigs of watercress, then the beetroot. Using a sharp grater, such as a microplane, finely grate the horseradish over. Add a little of the beetroot juice and a bit of pepper, then finish with a drizzle of olive oil.