Lime Tortilla Chips and Roasted Salsa
- Roasted Salsa:
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slicing tomatoes, quartered (about 3 pounds)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 white onion, quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- Lime Tortilla Chips:
- One 12-ounce bag corn tortilla chips
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lime
For the roasted salsa: Position a rack on the top of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet and roast until soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Add the roasted vegetables to a food processor with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the cilantro, vinegar, sugar and lime juice. Pulse until chunky. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, for the lime tortilla chips: Place the chips on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake, about 5 minutes. Drizzle with the lime zest, lime juice and toss. Serve with the roasted salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.