Jicama and Blood Orange Salad
- 1 medium jicama (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 blood oranges
- 1 papaya or mango or small piece of pineapple, well trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 dried habanero chile, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, washed
- 1 bunch mint leaves, washed
Peel the jicama including the fibrous layer just beneath the skin. Thinly slice the flesh and then cut into 2-inch strips. Place in a bowl.
Peel the oranges and cut supremes by trimming between the membranes to remove the sections, working over the bowl with the jicama to catch the juices. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss gently. Chill 2 hours and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.