- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups unbleached allpurpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons unbleached allpurpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
Sift together sugar, flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, lemon juice and lemon rind. Beat by hand or with electric mixer until well blended. Pour mixture over crust and bake for 25 minutes.
Allow bars to cool, then dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.