- 6 flour tortillas (any size will do, 11-inch are recommended)
- Cookie cutter, of your choice
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped (by hand)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh lobster meat, cut in small medallions
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
To make the "flower" tortillas, take the cookie cutter and press firmly down on the tortilla. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes. Reserve in an airtight container.
For the guacamole, combine the first 5 ingredients. Cover tightly with saran wrap. The guacamole may be made several hours ahead and refrigerated.
In small bowl, blend together the sour cream and spices.
To serve, place the cut out tortillas on a tray. Put a dollop of guacamole on each tortilla. Place 1 piece of lobster on top of the guacamole. Garnish with the spicy sour cream, using a squeeze bottle to drizzle the mixture over the hors d'ouevres. Serve cold.