Low Carb Turkey and Swiss BLT Roll-Ups
- 4 teaspoons heavy mayonnaise
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (4 outer leaves only)
- 1/4 pound sliced turkey (no sugar added)
- 1/4 pound precooked bacon strips (8 slices)
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced to make 8 slices
- 1/4 pound sliced Swiss cheese
Spread about a teaspoon of mayonnaise on the inside of a large single outer leaf of iceberg lettuce. Place leaf on the counter and top with 2 slices of turkey breast, 2 bacon slices, 2 slices of cheese, and 1 to 2 tomato slices. Roll up like a burrito. Close with toothpicks and cut into pinwheels. Repeat to make 4 roll-ups.
Cook's Note: Try heating all but the lettuce and tomatoes in the microwave, and then roll up in the lettuce for a hot wrap with melted cheese.
Recipe courtesy of George Stella