Corn Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 cups corn, from about 2 ears of corn, or 2 cups frozen and thawed kernels
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well, then cool slightly. Return the potatoes to the pot and, using a masher, mash the potatoes.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in medium, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and corn and saute about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cream and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes longer.
Add the sauteed corn to the mashed potatoes and stir to combine until the liquid is fully absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid