Matteo's Bbq Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup cran-raisins
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 dried ancho chile, reconstituted in hot coffee
- 1/2 red onion, diced and sauteed
- 1 chipotle chile
- Spice mix:
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
Add all the puree ingredients to a blender and blend until a puree forms.
Add the puree and the spice mixture to the top of a double boiler and whisk to combine. Simmer over low heat for about 2 hours.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Matthew Nagan, owner at Schellville Grill in Sonoma, CA