Menorken Clam Chowder
- 2 1/2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 onions, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can clam base
- 6 ounces granulated garlic
- 6 ounces Tony's Creole seasoning
- 1/3 bottle hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 6 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces lemon juice
- 1 gallon salted water
- 2 large restaurant-size cans crushed tomatoes, at least 64 ounces
- 2 large cans undrained peeled potatoes
- 3 bags chopped clams
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Combine all the ingredients in a large pot, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. The clams should be the last ingredient added. Stir occasionally and let simmer for 2 hours. Ladle into serving bowls and serve.
Any unused portions can be frozen.
Recipe courtesy Ms. Anna, mother of the owner Singleton's Seafood Shack Mayport, FL