- 1 cup grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup day old bread, small diced and soaked in milk
- 1 pound ground beef or lamb
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 lemon, zested
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 12 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Mint leaves, for garnish
In a medium skillet, sweat onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 2 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
Wring the excess milk out of the soaked bread cubes.
Place all ingredients, except flour and garnishes, in a large mixing bowl and combine by hand until fully incorporated. Form into little meatballs (about 1-ounce each).
In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Dredge, or roll the meatballs in flour, and fry in the skillet until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on paper towels to drain the excess fat.
Place on platter and garnish with lemon wedges and torn mint leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.