Salmon with Smoked Bacon and Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds lentils
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon
- 4 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 ounces whole grain mustard
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 6 ounces olive oil, plus 2 ounces
- 4 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 (8-ounce) pieces of salmon
Boil lentils for 25 minutes in salted water until tender cool and set aside. Saute bacon until crisp. Add scallions and garlic and saute until tender. Let cool then whisk in mustard, lemon juice and 6 ounces of olive oil. Fold dressing into lentils then add parsley, salt and pepper. Saute salmon in 2 ounces of olive until golden on each side and place in a preheated 400 degree oven until desired doneness about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve salmon on top of lentils.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.